by Verde Energy USA Terms and Conditions
This agreement authorizes Verde Energy USA, Inc. ("Verde") to change my ("Customer") electric supplier in territories of Connecticut Light and Power ("CL&P") or United Illuminating ("UI"). This change should result in the lowering of my monthly electric bill.
1. Price: Customer will receive electricity from Verde Energy USA at a monthly variable generation rate. Customer agrees and understands that the rate may fluctuate with month to month market conditions.
2. Term: This electric supply agreement will start after Verde Energy USA provides confirmation to the customer's local distribution company and they initiate the change. Customer will be responsible for the cancellation of any existing supplier agreement. Verdy Energy USA customer may cancel this agreement at any time for any reason.
3. Cancellation: Customer may cancel at any time and for any reason. The cancellation will become effective when Customer's new supplier or CL&P or UI completes the change. Cancellation will not relieve the customer of any payment obligations for service.
4. Billing: Customer will continue to receive one monthly electric bill processed and provided by CL&P or UI. Payment is due to CL&P or UI in accordance with their standard billing practices. In the event of a customer bankruptcy, late payment or nonpayment, Verde Energy USA has the right to terminate this agreement.
5. Emergency: In the event of an emergency such as a power failure or a downed power line, customer should contact CL&P at 800-286-2000 or UI at 800-722-5584.
6. Customer Relocation: If customer moves to a new address within Verde Energy USA's current service territory, this agreement will continue to the new location. Verde Energy USA may modify, reassign or terminate this agreement at any time for any reason.
7. Changes to Contract: Verde Energy USA may at any time modify, reassign, or withdraw this agreement with thirty (30) days written notice if there are adverse changes in the laws, rules or market conditions affecting Verde Energy USA's ability to perform hereunder.
8. Security Deposit: Verde Energy USA does not require a security deposit from its customers. If the customer has paid a deposit to his/her current supplier it is the customer's responsibility to request a refund from his/her current suppler.
9.Cash Back Bonus: In order to redeem any cash back bonus offer, customer must complete the form listed on the web site and attach a copy of the first monthly bill showing Verde Energy USA as the electric supply company and mail it to Verde Energy USA. Customer must have an active account with Verde Energy USA to be eligible. Limit one cash back bonus per customer.
ACCEPTANCE OF RATES & TERMS: The above prices, terms and conditions are hereby unconditionally accepted. Verde Energy USA is authorized to switch my utility supplier for the generation service charge. I will notify and/or cancel any previous agreement I may have in place with any other supplier, if applicable.