by Verde Energy USA Terms and Conditions
Verde Energy USA, Inc. ("Verde") will supply you ("Customer") with electricity in the service territory of your local distribution company ("Utility"), subject to these Terms and Conditions of Service ("Agreement"):
- 1: Price: During the first six (6) months of service, Verde will supply electricity to Customer at a 100% renewable fixed generation rate of $0.1049/kWh. After the first six (6) months of service, Verde will supply electricity to Customer at a 100% renewable variable generation rate that may change monthly with market conditions. Verde will purchase and retire renewable energy certificates ("RECs") or attributes to ensure that an amount equal to 100% of Customer's electricity usage is generated by renewable sources. Customer may review the current rate on Customer's monthly electric bill. If Customer desires time of use rates where such service is available (i.e., the Utility has installed a time of use meter and enrolled Customer on time of use distribution rates), Customer should call Verde to request the applicable time of use generation rate. Customer shall also pay and be responsible for all other amounts related to the purchase and delivery of electricity, including applicable taxes and delivery charges.
- 2: Term: Verde is authorized to switch Customer's utility supplier for the generation service charge. This Agreement will start when the Utility completes Customer's enrollment with Verde. Customer will be responsible for the termination of any existing supplier agreement. This Agreement will continue on a month-to-month basis until terminated by either Customer or Verde in accordance with this Agreement.
- 3: Right of Rescission & Termination: Customers who have a maximum demand of 500 kilowatts or less shall, until midnight of the 3rd business day after the latter of the day on which the Customer enters into a service agreement or the day on which the Customer receives this Agreement, have the right to cancel this Agreement. Either Verde or Customer may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason and without an early termination fee. The termination will become effective when the Utility switches Customer's account from Verde to the new supplier selected by Customer, to the Utility or to such other default provider established for Customer's account. Termination will not relieve Customer of any payment obligations for electricity provided to Customer by Verde prior to termination.
- 4: Billing: Customer will continue to receive one monthly electric bill from the Utility. Payment is due to the Utility in accordance with its standard billing practices.
- 5: Emergency: For any service question or in the event of an emergency, such as a power failure or a downed power line, Customer should contact CL&P at 800-286-2000 or UI at 800-722-5584.
- 6: Customer Relocation: If Customer moves to a new address within Verde's service territory, Customer should contact Verde in order to re-enroll at the new location.
- 7: Changes to Agreement: Verde may change, modify or amend this Agreement at any time (each a "Change"). Each Change will be made by Verde in the manner required by applicable law. Each Change will be posted on Verde's website (www.lowcostpower.com), and Customer will receive individual notice of the Change if required by applicable law. Customer should review the website periodically for applicable Changes. Customer's continued use of Verde's products and services following a Change constitutes Customer's acceptance of this Agreement as so Changed.
- 8: Assignment: Customer may not assign this Agreement without Verde's written consent. Verde may assign this Agreement or the revenues or proceeds due it hereunder: (a) in connection with any financing; (b) to any of its affiliates; (c) to anyone succeeding to all or substantially all of Verde's assets or business in the State of Connecticut; or (d) to another supplier licensed by the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority. This Agreement is binding upon Customer and Verde, and each party's heirs, successors and permitted assigns.
- 9: Notice: Subject to Paragraph 7 above, any notice will be considered to have been made if mailed or emailed to the address for Customer in Verde's records.
- 10: Disputes: Customer may contact Verde regarding this Agreement or any dispute related to this Agreement. Verde will attempt to resolve the dispute in an efficient, fair and timely manner. Verde will report the results of its investigation to Customer. Customer may also contact the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority at 1-800-382-4586, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, Connecticut 06051, or www.ct.gov/pura.
- 11: Warranty Disclaimer: VERDE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- 12: LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR REVENUE), INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES FOR CLAIMS ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- 13: Force Majeure: Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or failure to perform caused by an event of Force Majeure. "Force Majeure" means events beyond a party's reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, strikes, terrorism, wars, lightning, hurricanes, blizzards, floods, civil disturbances, shortages, unavailability of transmission facilities, and actions of any governmental authority or the Utility that materially impair a party's ability to perform.
- 14: Cash Back Bonus: In order to redeem any cash back bonus offer, Customer must complete the form listed on Verde's web site, attach a copy of the first monthly bill showing Verde as the electric supply company and mail to Verde within six (6) months of the date of the first monthly bill. Customer must have enrolled with Verde directly (not any other supplier) and have an active account with Verde to be eligible. Limit one cash back bonus per customer.
- 15: Entire Agreement: This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement between Customer and Verde and supersedes any oral or written statements made in connection with this Agreement. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut.
ACCEPTANCE OF RATES & TERMS: The above prices, terms and conditions are hereby unconditionally accepted. Verde Energy USA is authorized to switch my utility supplier for the generation service charge. I will notify and/or cancel any previous agreement I may have in place with any other supplier, if applicable.