Winter Weather Tips
With extreme winter weather and low temperatures we have been experiencing, it is important to review these important safety tips.
1. KEEP A CONSISTENT TEMPERATURE
During extremely cold weather, do not turn your thermostat down while you are away from your home. Doing so will cause your heating system to work harder and make you more susceptible to frozen pipes.
2. PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR DELIVERY AND SERVICE
- Make sure your driveway is plowed at a width of 10 ft so a delivery truck can access your home
- Clear a path to and around your fill pipe and/or the cap of your underground propane tank to ensure a delivery can be made efficiently
- Shovel paths and walkways so your home can easily be accessed
3. CHECK YOUR HOME OFTEN
If you are away from your home, make sure you have someone check it often to avoid potential problems. Label your main water shut off and leave contact information of service companies in case of emergency.
4. CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR GENERATOR
- Check the indicator lights on the outside of your Generac generator to make sure the green or yellow light is on
- If your power goes out and your generator is running, notify us when your propane tank reads 40% or less
- In case of snow, clear 2 ft around your generator to ensure it runs properly when needed