Propane: The Fuel Choice of Builders
With new homes popping up all over Fairfield County, there is no doubt that the construction industry continues to be thriving. When it comes to fueling these homes, propane has become the go-to for all the builders in the area and for good reasons; it not only creates ease during construction but ultimately benefits the homeowner.
- On-Site Storage: Propane tanks used for whole house heating as well as many other amenities are buried underground allowing for better aesthetics. On-site storage also guarantees adequate gas pressure as well as ample supply.
- Efficient Equipment: Propane-fired furnaces have a minimum AFUE rating of 90%, the highest requirement for a piece of heating equipment on the market today. In comparison, an electric furnace has a minimum AFUE rating of 78%, meaning 22% of the fuel is wasted in heating the home.
- Versatility: Propane is extremely versatile and can be used for almost anything in the home including:
- Heating: Cost-efficient with more comfortable and consistent warmth
- Water Heating: Faster hot water with up to 50% cost savings in comparison to electric options
- Cooking: The joy and control of cooking just like the professionals on a gas oven and on a gas range
- Clothes Drying: Faster drying for up to 20% reduced energy use
- Fireplaces: Significantly warmer and more energy efficient than electric or wood
- Generators: Standby generators that power the entire home
- Outdoor Amenities: Grills, outdoor kitchens, fire pits, fireplaces, pool heaters, and patio heaters can all be connected directly to a propane tank
In addition to these benefits, propane can also bring the ease of relying on just one company for all of a home’s fuel needs. So whether you are in the market for a new home or are looking for ways to update your existing home, propane is an important option to keep in mind.