Is your Home Vulnerable to Water Damage?
If you have running water in your home, the answer is always yes, your home is at risk of water damage. But there are a couple other factors that are important to look at both inside and outside your home.
- Do you live near/on a body of water?
- Do you live near wetlands?
- Do you live at the bottom of a hill that collects rain water?
- Is your washing machine hose more than 5 years old?
- Is the line to your ice maker or dishwasher more than 3 years old?
- Do you have an air handler for your AC in the attic?
- Has your boiler and water heater been properly maintained?
- Is the plumbing in your home old and outdated?
- Do you have young kids or mischievous pets?
If you checked yes to any of these questions, which we are sure you did (who changes their washing machine hose every 3-5 years!), then you need to seriously consider water protection in your home. Our smart home solution, Winston, has water sensors that can be placed in high risk areas of your home. If the sensor detects water, you will not only get a notification on your phone, the water main to the house will automatically shut off. When water leaks into your home, every minute counts, this simple system that can save your home and save you thousands of dollars.
Learn more here!